Bath Tub and Shower Waterproofing System for Tile Surrounds and preformed bathtubs or shower pan base using modified thinset glass tile stone
Easy as 1 - 2 - 3 to Install
Exclusive System for Tubs and Pre-formed Shower Bases
Higher performance membrane installs like Schluter Kerdi
Faster and More Reliable than liquid waterproofing methods
Use Modified Thin-set to install virtually any glass, tile or stone
Pro Advanced Tub and Shower Base Waterproofing Kit for Tile Surrounds
- All the unique components required to build a fully bonded water tight assembly to attach to existing tub and preformed shower bases.
- Included Pro Advanced flexible waterproofing band has special butyl adhesive to permanently bond to tub or base.
- The proven Pro Advanced WP membranes protect wall cavities against water and vapor penetrations.
- System can use modified thinset for better and stronger adhesion and elimination of failure possibilities.
- Install glass tiles with this system where unmodified thinset systems don't allow these materials.
- Membrane tested at 0.07 PERM rating - much lower than required for steam showers!
Many DIY installers and even contractors install tile on walls with a false belief that tile, grout, green board or various styles of concrete board are waterproof. These products are water and moisture stable meaning they are not supposed to deteriorate when wet. However, they typically do not keep water and moisture from passing through into your walls causing potential damage, mold and mildew issues. Our Pro Advanced waterproofing systems stop water and moisture at the surface tile layer to give you years of trouble-free service and enjoyment from your tile surround installation.
The Pro Advanced Tub and Shower Base Waterproofing Kit includes:
- Tub Installs include 64.5 SF of WP waterproofing membrane. Shower base installs include 108 SF
- 16 ft 5 inch long roll of 5" WP band joint strip for corners
- 16.5 ft of Pro Advanced Special Flexible Band with factory-bonded Adhesive
- Tub Installs include two universal pipe seals - one for shower head pipe, the other for spigot pipe
- Shower Installs include one universal pipe seal for the shower head pipe