Pro Advanced custom tile waterproofing mud concrete membrane kit for 72 x 72 Center or Offset Drain showers or smaller
- Available in your choice of ABS or PVC drain connection
- A kit for easy installation of custom waterproofed shower space using dry-pack mortar "mud" method.
- For maintenance-free tiled showers
- Amazing grate cover choices with screwless design
Pro Advanced Custom Tile Mud Kit 72 x 72 Center or Offset Drain in ABS or PVC
This kit not only waterproofs the single layer sloped mud floor, but also provides for a seamless waterproofing of most or all of the wall areas, curbs, etc.
Choose your Drain Location and Quick Clip options to finalize price for your kit
Rather than utilizing a pre-formed pan, these kits have been created to allow you to easily design and build your own custom pan with a single sloped layer of dry-pack mortar and dictate a customized drain location of your choice. These kits are particularly useful if your shower floor area is not a standard size, drain layout, or will include a complex shape. The kits are far less complicated than traditional sloped mud - rubber liner - sloped mud method that required advanced skills and additional installation time. Pro Advanced Mud kits make it easy for you to create a custom-sloped pan using the dry-pack mortar method with less concrete, less time and complete accuracy.
Advantage! Waterproofing doesn't just end at the pan! This system seamlessly waterproofs from the floor area to the walls and curb barrier as well! The included Quick-pitch sticks help you ensure a quick and easy construction of a correctly sloped dry-packed mud pan.
Compared to older mortar-pan methods that required the tedious labor involved with two sloped floors and a buried vinyl/rubber liner, our modern Pro-Advanced Mud Kit creates a much faster, easier and fool-proof installation that utilizes superior "surface" membrane protection and next-generation drain systems. Continuous membrane protection from the drain throughout the pan area and continuously up the walls prevents not only damaging leaks but also moisture penetration into the walls. No moisture in the walls means no lingering moisture that can cause structural damage over time or fuel mold and mildew problems in the wall tile. Very high-moisture shower enclosures or steam showers can be installed with membrane
- All the components required to build a fully bonded water tight assembly for tiled showers.
- Includes the highest quality, most innovative and attractive drain system on the market.
- Protects floors and wall cavities against water and vapor penetrations.
- Single layer sloped mud bed using quick pitch sticks allows full customization while reducing weight and installation time.
- System can use modified thinset for better adhesion, stronger installation and elimination of failure possibilities.
- You may install glass tiles and other specialty pieces with this system where unmodified thinset systems won't allow for these materials.
Note: You will need to obtain dry-pack mortar mix from your local hardware supply. 4 parts sand - 1 part portland cement is generally recommended.
*Note: Your kit contents may vary from components shown depending upon the size and options chosen
- Grate size: 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"
- Comes with grate puller to easily lift grate
- Features screw-less design and accommodates integrated hair trap
|Optional Curb Forms - easy to build concrete curbs - 30" sections:||Kirb-Perfect 30" Concrete Curb Form|
Optional 30" Concrete Handicap Curb Form:
|Handicap Concrete Curb Form 30"|
Complete your installation by adding these to your order:
|Extremely Stain Resistant, Permanently Sealed, Easy to Install:||TEC Power Grout - Ultimate Performance Grout|
|Protect your existing tile and other hard surfaces with:||Shield Advanced Antimicrobial Complete System|