Pro WP Dural Durabase WP Waterproofing Membrane System 108 SF Roll
PSC Pro WP Membrane - Dural Durabase WP
Waterproofing Membrane System for installing tile
108 Square Foot Roll, 33 LF, 33 Sq M
39-1/2" (1m) x 33 feet
Manufactured in Germany
PSC Pro WP Waterproofing Membrane System (Dural Durabase WP)
Pro WP is a soft polyethylene water-proof sealing membrane for covering cracks and waterproofing your shower, wall or floors in preparation for tile installation.
Pro WP exhibits excellent sealing properties, allows for easier renovation or building, and increases the life of tiles in damp locations.
Unlike other products like KERDI, Pro WP provides watertight solutions at a more affordable cost using superior MODIFIED THINSET (stronger, better stick, easier to install, no limitations on type of tile).
Advantages of Pro WP:
- Pro WP is extremely elastic, watertight, resistant to aging and does not rot.
- The fleece weave on the front and back makes for better adhesion when using tile adhesives.
- Pro WP is resistant to water, chemical solutions, salts, alkalis, alcohol, oils and organic solvents.
- Provides crack isolation of up to 1/8" movement
- The material traps water vapor and is harmless to human physiology.
- Waterproof rating of 0.07 PERM. Pro WP is approved for use in steam shower installations where vapor rating of waterproof material must be less than 0.5 PERM as dictated by TCNA (Tile Council of North America).
- Use superior Modified Thin-set. This adhesive offers a range of higher to much higher bond strengths depending on which brand and type you purchase. The correct modified thin-set allows installation of virtually any finished product to include ceramic, porcelain, metal, stone and glass tiles. Competing waterproof membranes that require unmodified thin-set cannot be used with glass or some porcelains.
Pro WP is environmentally friendly and can be disposed of with normal household waste.
The foundation must be capable of bearing weight and must be level. Any loose bits should be removed. A thin-set mortar must be chosen to suit the foundation. The thin-set mortar must be mixed to allow a good mechanical bond with the carrier fleece on the underside of the Pro WP mat.
- Laying the mat
Before laying, cut the DURABASE WP matting to the appropriate size. Thin-set mortar should be laid with a minimum 1/8 x 1/8 square serrated trowel but preferably a 3/16" x 3/16" trowel on top of the foundation. Smooth the matting into the mortar over the entire area using a smooth trowel or the smooth side of a serrated trowel along with the carrier fleece. Hold the trowel at an angle and press hard to smooth out any air pockets. Use 6 wide Pro WP seal to overlap at junctions. Pro WP mats should be pressed into roughened mortar before it dries. Pre-formed components like the Pro WP inside and outside corner pieces are designed to provide sufficient overlapping to prevent any possible leaks.
Tiles may be laid without delay using this-set mortar directly on top of the matting. During this process the normal precautions for laying tiles should be observed i.e. the thin-set mortar should be applied using appropriately serrated tools. For surfaces likely to be subjected to chemicals, appropriate grout and resin adhesive should be used.
Watertight walls and floors increase the lifespan of tiled surfaces, brickwork and screed, indeed of buildings in their entirety.
Sealing of walls
Pro WP is used as a sealing layer for tiled walls. Pro WP adheres firmly to a foundation and is easy to work with.
Sealing in regions subject to large quantities of moisture
Wherever moisture is present in greater amounts than is normal, Pro WP is able to prove its outstanding sealing properties at the junction of walls and floors with a tiled covering.
Creating tiled surfaces that are resistant to acid
When used with epoxy-resin adhesive and suitable tiles Pro WP can even be used to make floor surfaces that are resistant to acids, as specified for floors in the food industry, for example.
Use as a sealing strip
Pro WP can also be used as a sealing strip for junctions where Dural Durabase CI++ or Pro WP are being used. Other applications include the sealing of junctions between walls and floors. An appropriate sealing adhesive also allows Pro WP to provide sealing of junctions between combinations of flooring materials.
In summary: Pro WP remains supremely watertight
even at the weakest points.