Schluter DILEX-AHKA Anodized Aluminum Cove-Shaped Corner Profiles
- For transitions between walls to be tiled and previously finished floors.
- Prevents accumulation of dirt, making cleaning simple
- Prevents surface water penetration
Application and Function
Schluter-DILEX-AHKA is an anodized aluminum, cove-shaped profile for transitions between walls to be tiled and previously finished floors. The profile features a single trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat and a dovetailed channel, which can be bonded to floor surfaces using Schluter-KERDI-FIX, epoxy resin, silicone, thin-set mortar, etc. A 3/8" (10 mm) radius cove section forms the visible surface and prevents the accumulation of dirt, making cleaning simple. DILEX-AHKA prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired. DILEX-AHKA integrates with the Schluter-DILEX-AHK and Schluter-RONDEC profiles at 90° inside and outside vertical wall corners, respectively.
- Select profile according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thinset mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg(s) of the profile into the mortar.
- Note: Install inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps prior to setting tile. The use of thin-set mortar or similar may be required to achieve a proper fit.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar where the tiles are to be installed.
- Solidly embed the tiles, ensuring full coverage and support of the tile edges, and align flush with the top of the profile, leaving a joint of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-AHKA profiles are resistant to most chemicals encountered in tiled environments. In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-AHKA profiles feature an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Therefore, these materials must be removed immediately. Otherwise, the description regarding aluminum applies.
Schluter-DILEX-AHKA profiles require no special maintenance or care and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.
Oxidation films on exposed solid brass or aluminum can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of anodized aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.