Schluter DILEX-EDP Stainless Steel Edge Protection and Surface Joint Profiles
- Protects tile edges and provides stress relief from movements.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; 8 mm-30 mm (5/16"-1-3/16") Heights are available
- Available in Stainless Steel only.
Schluter DILEX-EDP Stainless Steel Surface Joint Profiles
Application and Function
Surface joints must be placed within the tiled surface regardless of substrate conditions. They provide stress relief from movements in the tile field due to thermal and moisture expansion/contraction and loading.
Schluter-DILEX-EDP is a pre-fabricated, maintenance-free surface movement joint profile. It features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of stainless steel, which are secured in the mortar bond coat and provide edge protection for adjacent tiles. The profile separates individual fields in the tile covering and accommodates horizontal movement via the stainless steel tongue-and-groove connection, which also forms the visible surface.
Because the profile is designed to absorb horizontal movement only, appropriate measures must be taken to prevent the screed from moving vertically. In its base position, the visible width of the Schluter-DILEX-EDP profile is 15/32" (12 mm).
The profile is particularly suited for tile surfaces subject to heavy use. Schluter-DILEX-EDP offers secure edge protection for surfaces exposed to continuous vehicular traffic and is, therefore, suited for use in production plants, warehouses, shopping centers, and underground parking garages, or for floor surfaces maintained with cleaning machines.
|H = Tile Thickness||Item No.|
|5/16" - 8 mm||EDP 80|
|11/32" - 9 mm||EDP 90|
|3/8" - 10 mm||EDP 100|
|7/16" - 11 mm||EDP 110|
|1/2" - 12.5 mm||EDP 125|
|17/32" - 14 mm||EDP 140|
|5/8" - 16 mm||EDP 160|
|23/32" - 18.5 mm||EDP 185|
|13/16" - 21 mm||EDP 210|
|1" - 25 mm||EDP 250|
|1-3/16" - 30 mm||EDP 300|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-EDP according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where profile is to be placed. The profile must align directly with movement joints in the substrate below.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of Schluter-DILEX-EDP into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- A joint of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-EDP is available in stainless steel.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-EDP is roll-formed using 304 (1.4301 = V2A) stainless steel, making the profile especially suited for applications requiring resistance to high mechanical stresses, as well as chemical stresses (e.g., exposure to acids, alkalis, oils, greases, and solvents).
Schluter-DILEX-EDP requires no special maintenance and is resistant to mold and fungi. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.