Schluter KERDI-LINE-FC Stainless Steel Cover Plate
- For use with the Schluter-KERDI-LINE linear floor drain
- Creates a seamless look in applications where multiple drains are installed end to end.
- designed for use with either the solid or perforated grates with brushed stainless steel frame
|Stainles steel cover plate|
InstallationKERDI-LINE-FC may be used with tiles that are 1/4" (6 mm) thick or greater.
- Install KERDI-LINE channel bodies end-to-end and overlap the KERDI collars using unmodified thin-set mortar to ensure a waterproof connection.
- Apply a sufficient amount of thin-set mortar to the substrate and/or the back of KERDI-LINE-FC and press the profile into the mortar until its surface is flush with the adjacent tile and grate assembly. Leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
The KERDI-LINE-FC is roll-formed using stainless steel 316 L (1.4404 = V4A). KERDI-LINE and KERDI-LINE-FC are suitable for use in residential and commercial applications, including areas subject to foot and wheelchair traffic, such as showers and wet rooms in homes, hotels, schools, healthcare facilities, etc. Stainless steel can sustain high mechanical stresses and is particularly suitable for applications requiring resistance against chemicals and acids. However, even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations, which may be present in detergents or swimming pools. In special cases, the suitability of the selected floor drainage system must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Various configurations of KERDI-LINE are listed by UPC, CSA, ICC-ES PMG and NSF. Relevant industry standard guidelines for floor drains with integrated bonding flange include method B422 in the Tile Council of North America's (TCNA) Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation and Method 326DR in the Terrazzo, Tile and Marble Association of Canada (TTMAC) Specification Guide 09300 Tile Installation Manual.
KERDI-LINE and KERDI-LINE-FC requires no special maintenance and are resistant to mold and fungi. The drain grates may be removed to clean the drain housing and the drain pipes. Clean the grates using common household cleaning agents. Stainless steel exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent. Do not use abrasive or alkaline cleaning agents.