Schluter Systems Rema Conceled Access Panel Kit
- Schluter-REMA is the ideal system for creating concealed access panels in tiled wall coverings
- 4 aluminum brackets with molded casings containing magnets inside lateral, movable guide shoes
- 4 ferromagnetic metal counterplates
Schluter Systems Rema
The Schluter-REMA assembly kit consists of four aluminum brackets with molded casings containing magnets that are clamped to lateral, movable guide shoes, and four ferro-magnetic metal counterplates.
Schluter-REMA installation is independent of tile size and thickness and enables exact matching of the access panel to the overall joint design. Thus, panels that access electrical or plumbing components do not impair the visual appearance of the tile covering.
- First, adhere an aluminum bracket to the back of each perimeter tile with thin-set mortar so that the magnet extends beyond the tile's edge.
- Set tiles, with magnets attached, as perimeter limits, so that four magnets extend into the access opening.
- To form the access panel cover, connect the corresponding number of panel cover tiles by attaching a tile to their backs with thin-set mortar.
- Using silicone or a similar adhesive, adhere the counterplates to the back of the panel cover in alignment with the perimeter magnets.
- After the silicone has cured, install the cover and seal the surrounding joint with a color coordinated sealing compound.
The Schluter-REMA assembly kit consists of four aluminum brackets with molded casings containing magnets that are clamped to lateral, movable guide shoes, and four ferromagnetic metal counterplates.
Schluter-REMA is suited for creating concealed access panels in wall coverings. If the access opening is substantially larger than 12" x 12" (30 cm x 30 cm), it may be necessary to install two additional magnets. In special cases, the suitability of Schluter-REMA must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
FOR MORE INFORMATION