Dural Durabord Round Edge Profile PVC Granite Beige High Gloss 8 ft each
Durabord Ceramic Tiles Finishing Profiles
Round-Edge tiling profile for wall and floor
Made in Germany
Height: 2 â€“ 50 mm.
PVC, Aluminium â€“ available
in different colours and
Please choose profile height from pull-down menu.
Duralâ€™s DURABORD round edge profiles have been developed to provide a smooth fit at outer corners with walls. They are gently rounded and available in various materials. Apart from their protective function, they are also suitable for sophisticated designs. Additionally, they are suitable for covering wall sockets for use with tiles, carpet, parquet or natural stone. High-quality shaped pieces are used to connect profiles together.
DURABORD is available in the following versions: standard PVC and high gloss-painted ("Star" â€“ with protective peel-off strip) - Available in a variety of single colors, gold, silver, various marble and granite tones and aluminum with high gloss anodized gold or silver finish.
DURABORD PVC profiles are especially designed for decorative effect. They are made from imbued PVC and are highly UV-stable. Colors may nevertheless fade over time when used in external locations, (e.g. in bright sunlight). DURABORD PVC profiles are not suitable for corners and edges subject to large amounts of wear.
DURABORD aluminum profiles may be used wherever unusual chemical reactions are not expected. In order to avoid corrosion, cement should be handled with care. Since aluminum is susceptible to alkaline materials, mortar residues, tile adhesive or grout should be wiped immediately from all visible surfaces. The profile needs to be fully embedded in the contact layer. This avoids the creation of cavities where alkaline water might collect.
DURABORD anodized aluminum profiles are specially treated so that, as a rule, the
surface is not subject to any further changes. Visible surfaces should still be protected from cement. Damage can occur due to objects that scratch or scrape across the surface. The use of any of these materials should be carefully scrutinized with respect to their mechanical and chemical resistance in each individual instance.
- DURABORD round edge profiles should be selected according to the tile thickness.
- Tile adhesive should be applied to the edges with a toothed trowel. For outer edges at walls, first ensure that the wall is fully tiled.
- Press the DURABORD profiles into the adhesive bedding and align them.
- Securing brackets should be completely covered over with adhesive.
- Firmly press in the tiles and align them so that they are flush with the upper edge of the profile. Lay tiles so that they are fully tessellated.
- Allow a 2-3 mm (5/64â€ â€“ 1/8â€) gap around the profile.
- Completely fill the gap between tiles and profile with grout.
DURABORD profiles do not require any special maintenance. Deposits of dirt can be removed by using ordinary cleaning materials. Cleaning materials may not contain hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acid (solvents are also to be avoided with PVC) and must be non-abrasive.