Schluter BARA-RTP Color-coated Aluminum Edging Profiles for Existing Balconies and Terraces
- Used for attaching the Schluter-BARIN gutter system
- Can be retrofitted to the exposed edges of existing balconies and terraces
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length
- Color-coated aluminum - Classic Grey only
Application and Function
Schluter-BARA-RTP is an edging profile that can be retrofitted to the exposed edges of existing balconies and terraces.
A T-shaped chamber in the vertical leg of Schluter-BARA-RTP is designed to accept the Schluter-BARIN gutter system. Schluter-BARIN is fastened to the balcony edging profile with screws. The screw slots in the gutter are elongated, making it possible to slope the gutter up to 1-3/16" (30 mm).
Available Sizes and Materials / Item Number Table
|Profile||Outside corner 90°||Inside corner 90°||Outside corner 135°||Connector|
- To fasten the Schluter-BARA-RTP edging profile, drill holes, 5/16" (8 mm) in diameter, into the front edge of the floor covering at approximately 20" (50 cm) intervals. To align with the holes provided in the profile, Schluter-BARA-RTP can be placed against the front edge and used as a drilling template.
- After inserting the anchors, the Schluter-BARA-RTP edging profile should be fastened with Schluter-BARA-RTPS 540 special bolts. To properly fasten Schluter-BARA-RTP to the front edge of the flooring, it is advisable, beforehand, to fill the rear section of the edging profile with thin-set mortar.
- Once Schluter-BARA-RTP has been mounted, the Schluter-BARIN gutter system can be attached. To do this, fasten the Schluter-BARIN gutter to the Schluter-BARA-RTP edging profile with screws. Schluter-BARIN features slotted holes for establishing the proper slope.
- Please note: Prefabricated corners and connectors are available for inside corners, outside corners, and butt joints. Abut the ends of Schluter-BARA-RTP, leaving an approx. 3/16" joint. Cover the joint with the clip-on connector.
- Applicable standards and installation guidelines, in effect at the time, must be observed. All materials must be weather- and water-resistant and suitable for exterior use.
Schluter-BARA-RTP is made of pre-treated (chromated), powder-coated aluminum.
The coating on the aluminum profile is color-stable, as well as weather- and UV-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion.
In special cases, the suitability of Schluter-BARA-RTP must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-BARA-RTP requires no special maintenance.
The coating on the aluminum profiles is colorfast and UV-resistant.
Damaged surfaces shall be painted over.