Schluter DILEX-AHK Anodized Aluminum Cove-Shaped Profiles
- For inside wall corners, countertop/backsplash, and floor/wall transitions in applications where limited movement is expected.
- Prevents accumulation of dirt, making cleaning simple
- Prevents surface water penetration
Application and Function
Ceramic cove base represents a neat, hygienic method for treating transitions by providing a curved surface that prevents the collection of dirt and is easy to clean. However, the limited availability of ceramic trim pieces has resulted in the use of sealant and caulk to treat such transitions. These joints must be continually maintained throughout the life of the installation.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK features a single trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat and a cove section that forms the visible surface.
The profiles 3/8" (10 mm) radius makes DILEX-AHK an attractive option for countertop/backsplash transitions, as it prevents the accumulation of dirt and makes cleaning simple. The profile separates tile fields that meet at inside corners where limited movement is expected.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK is available in anodized aluminum. Accessories for DILEX-AHK include: inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps.
Available Sizes and Materials
|DILEX-HK Cove-shaped Profile.|
|Anodized Aluminum Finish||H = Tile thickness||Item No.|
|Profile||Outside corner, 90||Outside corner, 135||Inside corner, 90||Inside corner, 135||End Cap||Connector|
|Polished chrome (ACG)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80ACG||E90/AHK1S/ACG||E135/AHK1S/ACG||I90/AHK1S/ACG||I135/AHK1S/ACG||E/AHK1S/ACG|
|Brushed chrome (ACGB)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80ACGB||E90/AHK1S/ACGB||E135/AHK1S/ACGB||I90/AHK1S/ACGB||I135/AHK1S/ACGB||E/AHK1S/ACGB|
|Satin nickel (AT)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AT||E90/AHK1S/AT||E135/AHK1S/AT||I90/AHK1S/AT||I135/AHK1S/AT||E/AHK1S/AT|
|Polished nickel (ATG)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80ATG||E90/AHK1S/ATG||E135/AHK1S/ATG||I90/AHK1S/ATG||I135/AHK1S/ATG||E/AHK1S/ATG|
|Brushed nickel (ATGB)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80ATGB||E90/AHK1S/ATGB||E135/AHK1S/ATGB||I90/AHK1S/ATGB||I135/AHK1S/ATGB||E/AHK1S/ATGB|
|Satin copper/bronze (AK)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AK||E90/AHK1S/AK||E135/AHK1S/AK||I90/AHK1S/AK||I135/AHK1S/AK||E/AHK1S/AK|
|Polished copper/bronze (AKG)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AKG||E90/AHK1S/AKG||E135/AHK1S/AKG||I90/AHK1S/AKG||I135/AHK1S/AKG||E/AHK1S/AKG|
|Brushed copper/bronze (AKGB)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AKGB||E90/AHK1S/AKGB||E135/AHK1S/AKGB||I90/AHK1S/AKGB||I135/AHK1S/AKGB||E/AHK1S/AKGB|
|Satin brass (AM)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AM||E90/AHK1S/AM||E135/AHK1S/AM||I90/AHK1S/AM||I135/AHK1S/AM||E/AHK1S/AM|
|Polished brass (AMG)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AMG||E90/AHK1S/AMG||E135/AHK1S/AMG||I90/AHK1S/AMG||I135/AHK1S/AMG||E/AHK1S/AMG|
|Brushed brass (AMGB)||8mm-5/16"||AHK1S80AMGB||E90/AHK1S/AMGB||E135/AHK1S/AMGB||I90/AHK1S/AMGB||I135/AHK1S/AMGB||E/AHK1S/AMGB|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-AHK according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile anchoring leg is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the exposed surface of the profile. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm).
- Trowel thin-set mortar over the adjoining surface where tile is to be placed.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the exposed surface of the profile. Leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) between the tile edge and the profile.
- Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK is available in anodized aluminum.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK, in anodized aluminum, features an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminum is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on concentration and duration of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminum oxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove mortar or grout residue immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material and that all cavities are filled to prevent the collection of alkaline water.
Schluter-DILEX-AHK requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.