Schluter DILEX-EHK Stainless Steel Cove-Shaped Corner Profiles
- For inside wall corners, countertop/backsplash, and floor/wall transitions in applications where limited movement is expected.
- Prevents accumulation of dirt, making cleaning simple; Prevents surface water penetration.
- Made of stainless steel 304, brushed 304, or 316L
Application and Function
Ceramic cove base represents a neat, hygienic method for treating transitions by providing a curved surface that prevents the collection of dirt and is easy to clean. However, the limited availability of ceramic trim pieces has resulted in the use of sealant and caulk to treat such transitions. These joints must be continually maintained throughout the life of the installation.
Schluter-DILEX-EHK features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of stainless steel, which are secured in the mortar bond coat, and a stainless steel cove section that forms the visible surface.
The profile's 23/32" (18.5 mm) radius prevents the accumulation of dirt and makes cleaning simple. The profile separates the tile fields that meet at inside corners where limited movement is expected.
Schluter-DILEX-EHK prevents surface water penetration and meet the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, food-processing plants, and hospitals, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired.
Accessories for Schluter-DILEX-EHK include inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps.
Available Sizes and Materials
|DILEX-EHK Cove-shaped Profile.|
|H = Tile thickness||Item No.|
|Stainless steel 304 (1.4301 = V2A) (E)||Stainless steel 316 L (1.4404 = V4A) (EV4A)||Brushed stainless steel 304 (EB)|
|7 mm - 9/32"||EHKU7/O7||EHKU7/O7/V4A||EBHKU7/O7|
|9 mm - 11/32"||EHKU9/O9||EHKU9/O9/V4A||EBHKU9/O9|
|11 mm = 7/16"||EHKU11/O11||EHKU11/O11/V4A||EBHKU11/O11|
|16 mm = 5/8"||-||EHKU16/O16/V4A||-|
|Inside corner, 2-way||I/EHK2R18||-||I/EBHK2R18|
|Inside corner, 3-way||I/EHK3R18||-||I/EBHK3R18|
|End cap||E/HKW/G (Grey PVC only)|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-EHK according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to areas where the perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of profile into the mortar.
- Note: Accessories are installed before tile using a permanently elastic, waterproof adhesive. Prior to application, any contact-inhibiting substances (e.g., grease, etc.) must be removed. The connectors should overlap the profile ends by at least 3/8" (10 mm).
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles and align flush with the top of the profile, leaving a joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-EHK is available in stainless steel.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-EHK is roll-formed using 304 (1.4301 = V2A) stainless steel, making the profiles especially suited for applications requiring resistance to high mechanical stresses, as well as chemical stresses (e.g., exposure to acids, alkalis, oils, greases, and solvents).
Stainless steel is resistant to mold and bacteria, making the profiles suitable for use around food.
Schluter-DILEX-EHK requires no special maintenance and are resistant to mold and bacteria.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.