Schluter DILEX-HK Cove-Shaped Floor / Wall Transition Profiles
- Prevents the accumulation of dirt, surface water penetration and sound bridges. Hides cut tile edges.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; 12 mm U - 9 mm O (1/2" U - 11/32" O) or 18 mm U - 9 mm O (11/16" U - 11/32" O) tile thickness.
- Available in PVC in Bright white, Light beige and Grey.
Application and Function
Ceramic cove base represents a neat, hygienic method for treating transitions by providing a curved surface that prevents the collection of dirt and is easy to clean. However, the limited availability of ceramic trim pieces has resulted in the use of sealant and caulk to treat such transitions. These joints must be continually maintained throughout the life of the installation.
Schluter-DILEX-HK features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat. The profile separates the fields that meet at inside corners and accommodates movement via the soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) cove-shaped movement zone that forms the visible surface.
Schluter-DILEX-HK provides an 11/16" (18 mm) radius to prevent the accumulation of dirt and to make cleaning simple. Schluter-DILEX-HK prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired.
It accommodates wall and floor tiles of dissimilar thicknesses and features a tile pocket that hides cut tile edges. Schluter-DILEX-HK integrates with Schluter-DILEX-HKW where cove trim for inside wall corners is desired.
In addition, DILEX-HK prevents sound bridges, making it ideal for floor/wall transitions in soundrated floors. Accessories for the DILEX-HK include inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps.
Available Sizes and Materials
**To complete the item number, add the color code (e.g., HK U12/O9 BW)
|DILEX-HK Cove-shaped Profile.|
|H = Tile thickness*||Item No.|
|U 12 / O 9||HKU12/O9 +
|U 18 / O 9||HKU18/O9 +
|Outside corner||A/HK/ +
|Inside corner, 2-way||I/HK2R18/ +
|Inside corner, 3-way||I/HK3R18/ +
|Left End cap||EL/HK/G (Grey only)|
|Right End cap||ER/HK/G (Grey only)|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-HK according to tile thickness. Profile height, "U", must allow insertion of the tile into the tile pocket; for example, select "U 12" for a tile thickness between approx. 3/8" (10 mm) and 7/16" (11 mm).
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to wall and floor areas where the perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of profile into the mortar.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Insert floor tile into the tile pocket. Completely fill the remaining joint with grout or setting material.
- Solidly embed the wall tiles in the mortar, leaving a joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) between the wall tiles and the profile. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-HK consists of trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs made of recycled rigid PVC and a soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), cove-shaped movement zone, which is available in several colors.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-HK is resistant to most chemicals encountered in tiled environments. It is resistant to mold and bacteria and is, therefore, suitable for use around food. The CPE material is also resistant to a number of acids, alkalis, oils, greases, and solvents.
Schluter-DILEX-HK requires no special maintenance and is resistant to mold and bacteria. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.