Schluter DILEX-HKW Cove-Shaped Profile for inside wall corners and floor/wall transitions
- Provides a neat, hygienic method for treating transitions by providing a curved surface that prevents the collection of dirt and is easy to clean.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; 7, 9 or 11 mm (9/32", 11/32" or 7/16") tile thickness
- Available in PVC in 4 colors.
Application and Function
Ceramic cove base represents a neat, hygienic method for treating transitions by providing a curved surface that prevents the collection of dirt and is easy to clean. However, the limited availability of ceramic trim pieces has resulted in the use of sealant and caulk to treat such transitions. These joints must be continually maintained throughout the life of the installation.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat, and a rigd PVC cove section that accommodates minor movements and forms the visible surface.
The profile's 11/16" (18 mm) radius prevents the accumulation of dirt and makes cleaning simple. The profile separates the tile fields that meet at inside corners where limited movement is expected.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW features anchoring legs with equal "U" dimensions and is, therefore, ideal for floor/wall transitions where floor and wall tiles are the same thickness.
Accessories for Schluter-DILEX-HKW include inside corners, outside corners, and end caps.
Available Sizes and Materials
*To complete the item number, add the color code (e.g., HKW U7/O7 HB)
|DILEX-HKW Cove-shaped Profile.|
|H = Tile thickness (Both ends are same height)||Item No.|
|7 mm - 9/32"||HKW U7 / O7 +
|9 mm - 11/32"||HKW U9 / O9 +
|11 mm - 7/16"||HKW U11 / O11 +
|Outside corner||A/HKW/ +
|Inside corner, 2-way||I/HKW2R18/ +
|Inside corner, 3-way||I/HKW3R18/ +
|End cap||E/HKW/G (Grey only)|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-HKW according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to areas where the perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of profile into the mortar.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles, leaving a joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW consists of trapezoidperforated anchoring legs made of recycled rigid PVC, connected by a rigid PVC cove, which is available in several colors.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW is resistant to most chemicals encountered in tiled environments. It is also resistant to mold and bacteria and is, therefore, suitable for use around food.
Schluter-DILEX-HKW requires no special maintenance and is resistant to mold and bacteria. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.