Schluter DILEX-MP Screed Movement Joint Profiles with optional DILEX-MPV extensions
- Designed to provide movement joints in tile installations that are set in a mortar bed.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; 35 mm (1-3/8") main Height and 15 mm or 25 mm (9/16" or 1") extension heights available.
- Available in PVC in 4 colors.
Application and Function
Schluter-DILEX screed joint profiles are designed to provide movement joints in tile installations that are set in a mortar bed (e.g., ceramic tile, natural stone, pavers, and agglomerate tile). These profile systems are placed to produce individual fields in the assembly and feature flexible central zones to accommodate movement.
Schluter-DILEX mortar bed joint profiles may also be inserted in saw-cut joints or wider joints; for example, in the case of renovations. The remaining joint between the tile and the profile must be filled completely with grout or epoxy. The side sections of the profiles, made of rigid PVC, protect the edges of the adjacent covering against mechanical stresses caused by industrial traffic. However, where heavy mechanical stresses are anticipated, limitations of the PVC as edge protection must be considered.
Schluter-DILEX-MP adjusts to the thickness of the mortar bed and tile surface by attaching the Schluter-DILEX-MPV extensions. The profile features a central movement zone made of soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), which overlaps the recycled rigid PVC side sections by approximately 1/32" (1 mm), thus providing a more aesthetically pleasing exposed surface when compared to DILEX-MOP.
Available Sizes and Materials
*To complete the item number, add the color code (e.g., MP 35 G)
|DILEX-MP Screed Joint Profile.|
|H = Tile thickness||Item No.|
|1-3/8" - 35 mm||MP 35 +
|DILEX-MPV Extension Profile.|
|9/16" - 15 mm||MPV 15|
|1" - 25 mm||MPV 25|
- Select Schluter-DILEX-MP/-MPV according to the height of the assembly; attach the neccessary snap-on extensions (-MPV).
- Set the profile flush against the edge area of an already completed field. The profile must be completely embedded laterally.
- Install tiles for the adjacent field flush to the profile surface. The profile must be completely embedded laterally.
- Fill the remaining joint between the profile and the covering completely with grout or setting material
Schluter-DILEX-MP consists of recycled rigid PVC side sections that feature dovetailed anchoring ribs and are connected at the top by a soft CPE movement zone. The Schluter-DILEX-MPV extension profile is made of recycled rigid PVC.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-DILEX-MP/-MPV are resistant to most chemicals encountered in tiled environments. The side sections of the profile, made of rigid PVC, protect the edges of the adjacent covering against mechanical stresses caused by industrial traffic. However, where heavy mechanical stresses are anticipated, limitations of the PVC as edge protection must be considered.
Schluter-DILEX-MP/-MPV requires no special maintenance and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.