Schluter DITRA-HEAT-E-HK 120V Heating Cables
Schluter DITRA-HEAT-E-HK 120 V Heating Cables
Schluter DITRA-HEAT-E-HK are twisted pair heating cables designed for integration with the DITRA-HEAT uncoupling membrane in interior floor warming applications. The cables can be installed without returning to the thermostat and produce virtually zero electromagnetic fields.
Heating cable selection tips:
- Do not purchase a heating cable that is the same size as the area to be tiled; you will be left with too much heating cable!
- Very important: NEVER CUT the heating cable. This would change the cable resistance and could lead to a fire.
- Install the heating cable at a spacing of 3 studs (3-1/2" - 9 cm).
- Minimum spacing from other heat sources (baseboard heaters, fireplaces, forced air heating ducts, etc.) is 8" (200 mm)
- Minimum spacing from any plumbing drain is 6" (150 mm).
- Minimum spacing from walls or fixtures (e.g., cabinets) is 3" (75 mm).
- Never install heating cable under vanities, bathtub platforms, kitchen cabinets and islands or any other fixtures. Excessive heat could build up in these confined spaces and may cause a fire.
- It is helpful to plan the location of a buffer zone, as it is not always possible to predict where the heating cable will end. The buffer zone is an area where heating is not essential, typically behind a toilet or adjacent to a door opening. This area allows for placement of excess heating cable.
- Consult a qualified electrician before ordering DITRA-HEAT heating cables to ensure you order the correct voltage for your installation.
Advantages of DITRA-HEAT
Warm floorsWith DITRA-HEAT, your floors can combine the beauty of tile with the comfort of an electric floor warming system to bring a touch of luxury into any room of the home.
Crack resistanceDITRA-HEAT is the only electric floor warming system that directly incorporates uncoupling technology within the system. With the proven performance of DITRA included in DITRA-HEAT, you can feel secure that your tiled floor won't crack.
Customizable heating zonesWith DITRA-HEAT, the installer has the advantage of placing loose heating cables in the matting wherever heat is desired to achieve customized heating zones, or placed throughout the room to heat the entire floor.
Quick and simple installationThe DITRA-HEAT membrane is designed to secure the heating cable without clips or fasteners and the installer does not need to encapsulate the cable in a leveling compound. Tile can be installed immediately after the cable, so installation is quick and simple.
Minimum heightDITRA-HEAT minimizes assembly thickness for easy transitions to lower surface coverings, and is ideal for any room in the home.