Schluter-ECK-E Tile Wall Edge Protection Profiles
- This edging profile for outside corners of tiled walls offers excellent edge protection against mechanical stresses.
- 1.5m - 3m (4'11- 10') Length; 6 mm-11 mm (1/4"-7/16") Heights are available
- Available in Stainless Steel.
Schluter ECK-E Tile Wall Edge Protection Profiles
Application and Function
Schluter-ECK-E is a stainless steel edging profile for outside corners of tiled walls that offers excellent edge protection against mechanical stresses; for example, in industrial kitchens and hospitals.
In addition, the profile produces a radiused edge along the outside wall corner for a clean, decorative finish. Schluter-ECK-E features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs that are secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile.
Schluter-ECK-E is especially suitable for areas where strict hygienic requirements must be met (e.g., hospitals, industrial kitchens, clean rooms, washrooms, and food-processing plants) and where aesthetic appeal is desired.
Schluter-ECK-E can be combined with the cove-shaped stainless steel profiles, Schluter-DILEX-EHK (for inside wall corners) and Schluter- DILEX-HKS (for floor/wall transitions).
Available Sizes and Materials
|H = Tile thickness||Stainless steel 304 (E)||Brushed stainless steel 304 (EB)|
|L = 4' 11" - 1.50 m|
|1/4" - 6 mm||E37 V2A 60/150||E37 V2A EB 60/150|
|5/16" - 8 mm||E37 V2A 80/150||E37 V2A EB 80/150|
|7/16" - 11 mm||E37 V2A 110/150||E37 V2A EB 110/150|
|L = 6' 7" - 2.00 m|
|1/4" - 6 mm||E37 V2A 60/200||E37 V2A EB 60/200|
|5/16" - 8 mm||E37 V2A 80/200||E37 V2A EB 80/200|
|7/16" - 11 mm||E37 V2A 110/200||E37 V2A EB 110/200|
|L = 8' 2-1/2" - 2.50 m|
|1/4" - 6 mm||E37 V2A 60/250||E37 V2A EB 60/250|
|5/16" - 8 mm||E37 V2A 80/250||E37 V2A EB 80/250|
|7/16" - 11 mm||E37 V2A 110/250||E37 V2A EB 110/250|
|L = 10' - 3.00 m|
|1/4" - 6 mm||E37 V2A 60/300||E37 V2A EB 60/300|
|5/16" - 8 mm||E37 V2A 80/300||E37 V2A EB 80/300|
|7/16" - 11 mm||E37 V2A 110/300||E37 V2A EB 110/300|
- Select Schluter-ECK-E according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- A joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). Should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material. Remove the protective foil from ECK-E immediately after grouting.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately.
Schluter-ECK-E is available in stainless steel.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-ECK-E, in stainless steel, is rollformed using 304 (1.4301 = V2A) stainless steel and is resistant to chemical exposure and high mechanical stresses. The profile is especially suitable for areas where strict hygienic equirements must be met (e.g., hospitals, industrial kitchens, clean rooms, washrooms, and food-processing plants) and where aesthetic appeal is desired.
Schluter-ECK-E requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome polishing agent.