Schluter-ECK-K Tile Wall Edge Protection Profiles
- This edging profile for outside corners of tiled walls offers excellent edge protection against mechanical stresses.
- 1.5m - 3m (4'11- 10') Length; 6 mm-11 mm (1/4"-7/16") Heights are available
- Available in Stainless Steel.
Schluter ECK-K Tile Wall Edge Protection Profiles
Application and Function
Schluter-ECK-K is a stainless steel edging profile for outside corners of tiled walls that offers excellent edge protection against mechanical stresses; for example, in industrial kitchens and hospitals.
In addition, the profile produces a radiused edge along the outside wall corner for a clean, decorative finish. Schluter-ECK-K is bonded to the outside corners of existing installations. As such, Schluter-ECK-K can be installed as a repair so that existing damaged corners do not have to be replaced.
Schluter-ECK-K is especially suitable for areas where strict hygienic requirements must be met (e.g., hospitals, industrial kitchens, clean rooms, washrooms, and food-processing plants) and where aesthetic appeal is desired.
Schluter-ECK-K can be combined with the cove-shaped stainless steel profiles, Schluter-DILEX-EHK (for inside wall corners) and Schluter-DILEX-HKS (for floor/wall transitions).
Available Sizes and Materials
|W = Visible outside
|Stainless steel 304 (E)||Brushed stainless steel 304 (EB)|
|L = 4' 11" - 1.50 m|
|1-9/32" - 32 mm||K32 V2A/150||K32 V2A EB/150|
|2" - 50 mm||K50 V2A/150||K50 V2A EB/150|
|L = 6' 7" - 2.00 m|
|1-9/32" - 32 mm||K32 V2A/200||K32 V2A EB/200|
|2" - 50 mm||K50 V2A/200||K50 V2A EB/200|
|L = 8' 2-1/2" - 2.50 m|
|1-9/32" - 32 mm||K32 V2A/250||K32 V2A EB/250|
|2" - 50 mm||K50 V2A/250||K50 V2A EB/250|
|L = 10' - 3.00 m|
|1-9/32" - 32 mm||K32 V2A/300||K32 V2A EB/300|
|2" - 50 mm||K50 V2A/300||K50 V2A EB/300|
- Schluter-ECK-K is applied to prepared wall corners using silicone or a similar adhesive. Prior to applying the silicone, make sure that all surfaces are free from adhesion-inhibiting substances such as oil or grease. Apply a bead of silicone to the back of the profile; then press the profile onto the edge of the covering, ensuring that the lateral edges lie flat and have solid contact throughout.
- Use a suitable cleaning agent to remove any excess silicone from around the profile legs.
- Remove the protective foil.
Schluter-ECK-K is available in stainless steel.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-ECK-K, in stainless steel, is rollformed using 304 (1.4301 = V2A) stainless steel and is resistant to chemical exposure and high mechanical stresses. The profile is especially suitable for areas where strict hygienic equirements must be met (e.g., hospitals, industrial kitchens, clean rooms, washrooms, and food-processing plants) and where aesthetic appeal is desired.
Schluter-ECK-K requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome polishing agent.