Schluter-JOLLY Wall and Countertop Tile Edge Protection Profiles
- Used as edge protection for the outside corners of tiled surfaces.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; Heights of 3 - 12.5 mm (1/8 - 1/2 Inch) available
- Available in chrome-plated solid brass, color-coated aluminum, anodized Aluminum, and PVC.
Schluter-JOLLY Wall and Countertop or Floor Tile Edge Protection Profiles
Application and Function
Schluter-JOLLY is a finishing and edge-protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces.
It features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and an 87° sloped vertical wall section that provides a decorative finish and protects adjacent tiles.
The profile is available in chrome-plated solid brass, color-coated aluminum, anodized aluminum, and PVC. Schluter-SCHIENE features the same design as Schluter-JOLLY and is also available in solid brass, aluminum, and stainless steel. Please see the Schluter-Systems Illustrated Price List for more details.
The range of available sizes and finishes permits the matching of Schluter-JOLLY to a wide variety of tile and grout colors and allows many design opportunities through the use of contrasting colors.
Other applications include transitions for dado coverings such as carpet, natural stone, or cold-cured resin coatings. The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
Though JOLLY is typically used in wall/countertop applications, the finishes with yellow background in the table below can be used in floor applications as well.
Available Sizes and Materials
* To complete the item number, add the color code (e.g., A80AGSG)
Note: JOLLY-AC is no longer available in Black (GS). For a black finish, the profile is available in Bright black anodized aluminum (AGSG).
RB and SB are only available in color-cated aluminum in sizes 80, 100, and 125.
|Material||H = Tile Thickness|
|1/8" - 3 mm||3/16" - 4.5 mm||1/4" - 6 mm||5/16" - 8 mm||3/8" - 10 mm||1/2" - 12.5 mm|
|Color-coated aluminum (AC)||A30 +
|Chrome-plated solid brass (MC)||-||-||MC60||MC80||MC100||MC125|
|Polished chrome anodized aluminum (ACG)||-||-||A60ACG||A80ACG||AC100ACG||A125ACG|
|Brushed chrome anodized aluminum (ACGB)||-||-||A60ACGB||A80ACGB||A100ACGB||A125ACGB|
|Satin nickel anodized aluminum (AT)||-||-||A60AT||A80AT||A100AT||A125AT|
|Polished nickel anodized aluminum (ATG)||-||-||A60ATG||A80ATG||A100ATG||A125ATG|
|Brushed nickel anodized aluminum (ATGB)||-||-||A60ATGB||A80ATGB||A100ATGB||A125ATGB|
|Satin copper/bronze anodized aluminum (AK)||-||-||A60AK||A80AK||A100AK||A125AK|
|Polished copper/bronze anodized aluminum (AKG)||-||-||A60AKG||A80AKG||A100AKG||A125AKG|
|Brushed copper/bronze anodized aluminum (AKGB)||-||-||A60AKGB||A80AKGB||A100AKGB||A125AKGB|
|Brushed antique bronze anodized aluminum (ABGB)||-||-||A60ABGB||A80ABGB||A100ABGB||A125ABGB|
|Satin brass anodized aluminum (AM)||-||-||A60AM||A80AM||A100AM||A125AM|
|Polished brass anodized aluminum (AMG)||-||-||A60AMG||A80AMG||A100AMG||A125AMG|
|Brushed brass anodized aluminum (AMGB)||-||-||A60AMGB||A80AMBG||A100AMGB||A125AMGB|
|Brushed graphite anodized aluminum (AGRB)||-||-||A60AGRB||A80AGRB||A100AGRB||A125AGRB|
|Bright black anodized aluminum (AGSG)||-||A45AGSG||A60AGSG||A80AGSG||A100AGSG||A125AGSG|
- Select Schluter-JOLLY according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If Schluter-JOLLY is to be used as edging for outside wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Schluter-JOLLY is available in chrome-plated brass, anodized aluminum, color-coated aluminum, and PVC.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-JOLLY, in chrome-plated brass, is a finishing profile that is especially suited for wall corners and transitions. It is ideal for matching chrome fixtures. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching.
Schluter-JOLLY, in anodized aluminum, features an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminum is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on concentration and duration of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminum oxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove mortar or grout residue immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material and that all cavities are filled to prevent the collection of alkaline water.
Schluter-JOLLY, in color-coated aluminum, is pretreated (chromated) aluminum that is color-coated with a polyurethane powder coat. The coating is color-stable, UV-resistant, and suitable for exterior use. Protect the profile against abrasion or scratching.
Schluter-JOLLY, in PVC, is manufactured using pre-colored, rigid PVC that resists bending and scratching. The material is UV-resistant, though not permanently colorstable, in exterior applications. The profile is not suited for corners or transitions subject to heavy mechanical stresses; for example, at stair edges or floor transitions.
Schluter-JOLLY requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Do not use abrasive cleaning agents. Damage to the anodized layer can be repaired by applying varnish.