Schluter QUADEC-FS Decorative Double Rail Feature Strip Profiles
- Schluter-QUADEC-FS is a double-rail feature strip profile for producing accents in tile fields on walls, chair rails, and various other decorative applications.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") long each.
- Available in satin, satin nickel and brushed antique bronze anodized aluminum.
Application and Function
Schluter-QUADEC-FS is a double-rail feature strip profile for producing accents in tile fields on walls, chair rails, and various other decorative applications.
The profile is available in anodized aluminum and features a 2" (51 mm) -wide recessed section with dovetailed grooves to which field or accent tile up to 5/16" (8 mm) -thick is bonded. The top and bottom edges of the profile are square and designed to integrate with the QUADEC profile.
QUADEC-FS is anchored in the mortar bond coat between tile courses via its cross-sectional shape and can be used with thicker tiles by building up the setting material behind the profile. The profile may also be attached to the substrate with fasteners (e.g., where the profile is not surrounded by field tile).
Note: Matching inside corners/ outside corners/ end caps are available.
Available Sizes and Materials / Item number chart
|Schluter-QUADEC-FS double-rail feature strip profiles|
|H = 8 mm - 5/16"||Satin anodized aluminum (AE)||Satin nickel anodized aluminum (AT)||Brushed antique bronze anodized aluminum (ABGB)|
|Inside / Outside Corner||EV/QF8/50AE||EV/QF8/50AT||EV/QF8/50ABGB|
- Set tiles up to the area where Schluter-QUADEC-FS is to be installed as a feature strip.
- Using a notched trowel, apply a sufficient amount of thin-set mortar to this area and/or to the back of Schluter-QUADEC-FS and press the profile into the mortar and align. Leave a space of approximately 1/16" 1/8" (1.5 3 mm) between the profile and the tile.
- Note: QUADEC-FS may also be attached to the substrate with fasteners.
- Set the adjacent row of tiles. Leave a space of approximately 1/16" 1/8" (1.5 3 mm) between the profile and the tile.
- To set tile along the face of QUADECFS, apply thin-set mortar to the back of the tile using a margin trowel. Press the back-buttered tiles into the face of the profile, making sure to force thin-set mortar fully into the dovetailed grooves. The tiled surface should be flush with the outer edge of the profile.
- Note: The recessed face accepts tile widths up to 2" (51 mm).
- Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Note: The same corner piece can be used to produce a 90 inside corner and a 90 outside corner.
Schluter-QUADEC-FS is available in anodized aluminum. In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based upon the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-QUADEC-FS features an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminum is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on the concentration and duration of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminum hydroxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove mortar or grout residue immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material and that all cavities are filled to prevent the collection of alkaline water.
Schluter-QUADEC-FS requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.