Schluter RONDEC-CT Anodized Aluminum Double-rail Edging Profile for Countertops
- Double-rail edging profile for countertops to be fitted with a ceramic or dimension stone tile covering.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") length; For tile 8, 10, 12.5 mm (5/16", 3/8", 1/2") thick
- 8 finishes available.
Application and Function
Schluter-RONDEC-CT is a double-rail edging profile for countertops to be fitted with a ceramic or dimension stone tile covering.
The profile features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, while the face of the profile features a recessed section with dovetailed grooves to which field or accent tile is bonded.
The top and bottom edges of the profile are symmetrically rounded 1/4" (6 mm radius) and match the RONDEC profile. The 1-9/16" (39 mm) vertical leg of the profile hides the exposed edge of the sub-assembly.
The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile. The profile is available in anodized aluminum and Tuscan color-coated aluminum with various surface finishes to allow for decorative design and interesting accents.
Matching inside and outside corners are available.
Available Sizes and Materials
|RONDEC-CT Double-Rail Edging Profile|
|Anodized Aluminum Finish||H = Tile thickness||Item No.|
|Profile||Outside corner, 90°||Outside corner, 135°||Inside corner, 90°||Inside corner, 135°|
|Brushed chrome (ACGB)||8mm-5/16"||RC80ACGB39||E90RC80ACGB39||E135RC80ACGB39||I90RC80ACGB39||I135RC80ACGB39|
|Satin nickel (AT)||8mm-5/16"||RC80AT39||E90RC80AT39||E135RC80AT39||I90RC80AT39||I135RC80AT39|
|Brushed nickel (ATGB)||8mm-5/16"||RC80ATGB39||E90RC80ATGB39||E135RC80ATGB39||I90RC80ATGB39||I135RC80ATGB39|
|Satin copper/bronze (AK)||8mm-5/16"||RC80AK39||E90RC80AK39||E135RC80AK39||I90RC80AK39||I135RC80AK39|
|Brushed copper/bronze (AKGB)||8mm-5/16"||RC80AKGB39||E90RC80AKGB39||E135RC80AKGB39||I90RC80AKGB39||I135RC80AKGB39|
|Satin brass (AM)||8mm-5/16"||RC80AM39||E90RC80AM39||E135RC80AM39||I90RC80AM39||I135RC80AM39|
|Brushed brass (AMGB)||8mm-5/16"||RC80AMGB39||E90RC80AMGB39||E135RC80AMGB39||I90RC80AMGB39||I135RC80AMGB39|
- Select Schluter-RONDEC-CT according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- To set tile along the face of RONDEC-CT, apply thin-set mortar to the back of the tile using a margin trowel. Press the back-buttered tiles into the face of the profile, making sure to force thin-set mortar fully into the dovetailed grooves. The tiled surface should be flush with the outer edge of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Schluter-RONDEC-CT is available in anodized aluminum.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-RONDEC-CT, in anodized aluminum, features an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminum is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on concentration and duration of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminum oxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove mortar or grout residue immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material and that all cavities are filled to prevent the collection of alkaline water.
Anodized aluminum is resistant to mold and bacteria, making the profile suitable for use around food.
Schluter-RONDEC-CT requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.