Schluter RONDEC-DB Anodized Aluminum Decorative Profiles
- Decorative profile for wall and skirting edges that protects the surface covering from mechanical or impact stresses.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; For tile 14 mm (17/32") thick.
- Available in Satin, Satin copper/bronze and Satin brass anodized aluminum.
Application and Function
Schluter-RONDEC-DB, an anodized aluminum, decorative profile for wall and skirting edges, protects the surface covering from mechanical or impact stresses.
The profile features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and a pronounced visible surface that establishes a clean line along tile edges and allows for decorative design.
Schluter-RONDEC-DB can also be used as a finishing profile within wall surfaces; for example, where other covering materials such as plaster, wallpaper, or tiles are to be joined.
Available Sizes and Materials
|RONDEC-DB Decorative Profile|
|H = Tile thickness||Item No.|
|Satin anodized aluminum (AE)||Satin copper/bronze anodized aluminum (AK)||Satin brass anodized aluminum (AM)|
- Schluter-RONDEC-DB can be used with tiles from 1/4" to 1/2" (6 mm - 12.5 mm) thick.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If Schluter-RONDEC-DB is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and adjust.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Schluter-RONDEC-DB is available in anodized aluminum.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-RONDEC-DB, in anodized aluminum, features an anodized layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface, however, is susceptible to scratching and wear and may be damaged by grout or setting material. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminum is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on concentration and duration of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminum oxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove mortar or grout residue immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material and that all cavities are filled to prevent the collection of alkaline water.
Schluter-RONDEC-DB requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents.