Schluter RONDEC Finishing / Edge Protection Profiles - Solid Brass version
- Forms a symmetrically rounded corner along the tile surface edge.
- 2.5 m (8 2-1/2") profile length; For tile 6 mm - 12.5 mm (1/4" - 1/2") thick.
Application and Function
Schluter-RONDEC is a finishing and edge-protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces. It features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and a reveal that forms a symmetrically rounded outer corner with 1/4" (6 mm) radius along the surface edge.
The profile is available in stainless steel, solid brass, chrome-plated solid brass, color-coated aluminum, anodized aluminum, Tuscan color-coated aluminum and PVC. Schluter-RONDEC's wide range of materials, colors, and surface finishes allows for color coordination with tile and grout and the creation of interesting accents in decorative designs.
In addition to its decorative effect, the profile protects tile edges against damage caused by mechanical stresses. Schluter-RONDEC, in stainless steel, is particularly resistant to wear when used as edge protection. It may also be used as a stair nosing or transition profile.
In addition Schluter-RONDEC is also suitable for transitions, corners, or dado coverings with other covering materials; for example, carpet, parquetry, natural stone tiles, or cold-cured resin coverings. The integrated joint spacer forms a defined joint cavity with the tile.
Note: Schluter-RONDEC, in stainless steel, does not feature the integrated joint spacer. Matching inside and outside corners, including sink corners, and connectors are available.
Available Sizes and Materials
Note: Certain accessories aren't available for certain sizes and finishes.
- Select Schluter-RONDEC according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If Schluter-RONDEC is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32 (1 mm) lower.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). With the stainless steel profiles, leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Schluter-RONDEC is available in solid brass, chrome-plated brass, anodized aluminum, color-coated aluminum, stainless steel, and PVC.
Schluter-RONDEC, in chrome-plated brass, is ideal for matching chrome fixtures and especially suited for wall corners as a finishing profile. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching.
Schluter-RONDEC requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean the profile using common household cleaning agents.
Oxidation films on solid brass or aluminum may be removed with a common polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of chrome-plated brass, anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.