Schluter TREP-FL Decorative Stair-Nosing Profiles
- Decorative stair-nosing profile with a protruding rounded edge that can be integrated into stairs covered ith tile or stone.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") or 1.5 m (4' 11") Length; for tile 9, 11 or 12.5 mm (11/32", 7/16", 1/2") thick.
- Stainless Steel; Optional end caps are available.
Application and Function
Schluter-TREP-FL is a decorative stainless steel stair-nosing profile with a protruding rounded edge that can be integrated into stairs covered with ceramic tile or natural stone. The profile protects the front edge of stairs and adds a high degree of safety by improving the visibility of the stair edges.
TREP-FL is suitable for residential applications, e.g., stairs not exposed to heavy traffic.
The profile protects the front edge of stairs and adds a high degree of safety by improving the visibility of the stair edges.
Note: Matching end caps are available.
Available Sizes and Materials
|TREP-FL Decorative Stair-Nosing Profile|
|Length||H = Tile thickness||Stainless steel 304 (E)||Brushed stainless steel 304 (EB)|
|2.5 m - 8' 2-1/2"||9mm - 11/32"||FL90E||FL90EB|
|11mm - 7/16"||FL110E||FL110EB|
|12.5mm - 1/2"||FL125E||FL125EB|
|1.50 m - 4' 11"||9mm - 11/32"||FL90E/150||FL90EB/150|
|11mm - 7/16"||FL110E/150||FL110EB/150|
|12.5mm - 1/2"||FL125E/150||FL125EB/150|
- Select Schluter-TREP-FL according to tile thickness.
- Install riser tile flush with the stair tread surface.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar along the edge area above riser.
- Fill the cavity at the front edge of the profile with thin-set mortar.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the Schluter-TREP-FL into the thin-set mortar, making sure that the front edge of the profile overlaps the riser tile. Full coverage must be obtained at the edge area to insure support of the profile.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the anchoring leg and the stair tread surface to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tread tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile.
- A joint of approximately 1/16 1/8 (1.5 mm 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-TREP-FL is available in stainless steel and brushed stainless steel.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schluter-TREP-FL, in stainless steel, is roll formed using 304 (1.4301 = V2A) stainless steel. The profile can sustain high mechanical stresses and is especially well suited for applications requiring resistance against chemicals and acids; for example, in the food industry, breweries, dairies, commercial kitchens, public swimming pools, and hospitals, as well as residential applications.
Schluter-TREP-FL requires no special maintenance and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.