Schluter TREP-SE Anti-Slip Stair Nosing Profiles (Stainless Steel support section only)
- Stainless steel support section for TREP-SE
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") or 1.5 m (4' 11") Length
- For tile 8, 10 or 12.5 mm (5/16", 3/8" or 1/2") thick
Application and Function
Schluter-TREP-SE is designed to protect tiled stair edges and provide an easily visible, slip-resistant wear surface for durable, safe, and visually appealing stair-nosing design. It is suitable for use in areas subjected to heavy foot-traffic, such as offices or public buildings.
The profiles feature a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg made of stainless steel, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile an supports a slip-resistant thermoplastic rubber wear surface.
The tread surface of Schluter-TREP-SE is available in a variety of colors and can be replaced in case of damage or wear.
The tread surface meets or exceeds the static coefficient of friction recommendation in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), for use in applications where the risk of slipping exists (United States Testing Company, test method ASTM C1028, 0.6 wet, 0.8 dry).
The leading edges of TREP-SE have a 5/16" (8 mm) radius. Matching end caps are available.
Available Sizes and Materials
*To complete the item number, add the color code (e.g., CG 10 SE)
|TREP-SE Stainless steel support with thermoplastic rubber insert|
|L = Profile Length||H - Tile thickness|
|8 mm - 5/16"||10 mm - 3/8"||12.5 mm - 1/2"|
|2.5 m - 8' 2-1/2"||
|1.50 m - 4' 11"||
|Stainless steel support section ONLY|
|2.5 m - 8' 2-1/2"||TES8||TES10||TES12|
|1.50 m - 4' 11"||TES8/150||TES10/150||TES12/150|
|Replacement thermoplastic rubber insert|
|2.5 m - 8' 2-1/2"||PE26/ +
|3 m - 10'||PE26/ +
|15 m - 50'||PE26/ +
- Select Schluter-TREP-SE according to tile thickness.
- Install riser tile flush with the stair tread surface.
- Apply thin-set mortar along edge area above riser.
- Fill cavities on the underside of the profile with thin-set mortar.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the thin-set mortar, making sure the front edge of the profile is aligned flush with the riser tile. Full coverage must be obtained at the edge area to ensure support of the profile.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the anchoring leg and the stair tread surface to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tread tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile.
- A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-TREP-SE has a roll-formed stainless steel 304 (1.4301 = V2A) support section.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Stainless steel can sustain high mechanical stresses and is especially well suited for applications requiring resistance against chemicals and acids.
Thermoplastic rubber inserts are highly resistant to chemicals and can withstand chemical stresses typically encountered in tile coverings. Thermoplastic elastomers can be connected by welding if profiles are joined to produce longer lengths.
Schluter-TREP-SE requires no special maintenance and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.