Schluter TREP-T Stair-Nosing Profiles
- Protects tiled stair edges and provides and easily visible, slip-resistant stair nosing wear surface.
- 2.5 m (8' 2-1/2") Length; for tile 8 mm or 11 mm (5/16" or 7/16") thick.
- PVC; Available in Light beige, Grey and Black brown.
Application and Function
Schluter-TREP-T is designed to protect tiled stair edges and provide an easily visible, slip-resistant wear surface for durable, safe, and visually appealing stair-nosing design. The profile features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg made of rigid PVC, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and supports a soft slip-resistant PVC wear surface. The slip-resistant tread is designed to increase visibility, adding a high degree of safety to stairs.
Schluter-TREP-T is intended for use in residential areas or areas with similar traffic. The profile is permanently installed in the covering and cannot be replaced when damaged by excessive wear (Schluter-TREP-SE/-S/-B offer replaceable inserts).
Schluter-TREP-T has a consistent, uniform color at the wear surface.
Matching end caps are available.
Available Sizes and Materials
|TREP-T Stair-Nosing Profile|
|H = Tile thickness||Light beige||Grey||Black brown|
|8 - 5/16"||THB8||TG8||TSB8|
|11 - 7/16"||THB11||TG11||TSB11|
- Select Schluter-TREP-T according to tile thickness.
- Install riser tile flush with the stair tread surface.
- Apply thin-set mortar along edge area above riser.
- Fill cavities on the underside of the profile with thin-set mortar.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the thin-set mortar, making sure the front edge of the profile is aligned flush with the riser tile. Full coverage must be obtained at the edge area to ensure support of the profile.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the anchoring leg and the stair tread surface to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tread tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile.
- A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill joint completely with grout or setting material.
Schluter-TREP-T is made of rigid PVC with a soft, non-slip PVC wear surface.
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
The profiles are resistant to most chemicals commonly encountered in tiled environments. Schluter-TREP-T is intended for use in residential areas or similar applications.
Schluter-TREP-T requires no special maintenance and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.